In this episode, we’ll be talking to Sean Frank the CEO of Ridge, and how he worked alongside a wide range of influencers and used the paid-for post channel, to scale Ridge into a multi-million-dollar brand.
- [00:59]: Introduction to Ridge.
- [01:49]: Joining Ridge.
- [03:11]: Agency Brand Dichotomy.
- [05:13]: Importance of working for an agency when starting up.
- [06:16]: Working with agencies at Ridge.
- [07:45]: Marketing budget of a 100-million-dollar brand.
- [09:23]: Percentage of marketing budget spent on influencers.
- [10:11]: How Ridge spends its influencer marketing budget on influencers.
- [11:48]: Team Dynamics.
- [13:35]: Reasons why influencer is Sean's favorite channel of marketing.
- [15:14]: Gaining influencers’ trust.
- [17:18]: Sean's paid for post preference to product seeding.
- [19:15]: Leaning towards YouTube on paid-for post ads.
- [22:12]: Losing money on paid-for post ads.
- [22:50]: Importance of user-generated content (UGC).
- [24:55]: Benefits of paying for post despite half the bids losing money.
- [26:17]: Number of creators Ridge has worked with long-term.
- [27:55]: Expanding into different product launches with community.
- [30:23]: Drawback of having consistent influencers to work with.
- [32:31]: People getting started with influencers but concerned about ROI.
- [34:01]: Word of mouth.
- [35:39]: Working with Macro Talent.
- [38:26]: Advice for a 10-million-dollar brand starting out with influencer marketing.
- [40:20]: Inherent risk of marketing.
- “Influencer marketing is the only form of digital marketing that can build some sort of goodwill with an audience” – Sean Frank
- “We use paid-for post because part of it is just platform and the fact that our resources are better spent on a more ROI focused channel” - Sean Frank
- “A lot of our strategy is trying to get ad creative at scale that is, getting content posted one and then repurposed. ” – Cody Wittick
Cody Wittick: Twitter
Taylor Lagace: Twitter
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or by RSS!