User-generated content gives your potential customers an idea of how your product/service could fit into their lifestyle and is a great way to authentically resonate with your audience while keeping them engaged. Unfortunately, gathering this content can be time consuming and tedious, which is where UGC platforms come into play. But are UGC platforms all they’re cracked up to be? In this episode, we will be sharing everything you need to know about UGC platforms so that you can make an educated decision about marketing options for your business.
Listen in as we explain the problems with using UGC platforms, including inauthentic content, cheap production and lackluster results. You will learn the importance of remembering that creators on UGC platforms are usually not professional creators, the advantages of seeding and how to ensure you’re using your resources efficiently and effectively.
- What UGC is.
- What attracts brands to UGC platforms.
- The downfalls of using a UGC platform.
- Why UGC platforms will generally not get you great results.
- What opt-in means.
- The advantages of seeding.
- Where to find the best and most professional content.
- Why influencer marketing is better than UGC platforms.
- “When it’s cheap creative, it’s going to get you cheap production and cheap results.” - Taylor Lagace
- “[With UGC platforms] you get what you’re paying for.” - Cody Wittick
- “The more creative the better…and influencers are the best place to get started with that.” - Cody Wittick